Sunday, February 8, 2015

LIBR 200 Post 2.5 of 8: Widening My Information Community to Teacher Librarians Across the United States

Through the process of working on my Reflection Essay for LIBR 200, I have decided to expand my initially chosen information community of California Teacher Librarians to include Teacher Librarians nationwide. Below is an excerpt from my essay that addresses the change:
My reasoning for initially focusing on professionals in California in particular is that I am already aware of some state-level activity through the California School Library Association (CSLA). Now, however, I believe that the topic may be too narrow when limiting myself geographically to a single state. While I may still reference state-level sub-communities that exist, I think it will be beneficial to broaden my topic to include Teacher Librarians located throughout the United States. By opening up the topic, I will be able to draw upon nationwide organizations such as the American Association of School Librarians (AASL), as well as reference other Teacher Librarians who are active in leading online conversations (e.g., Joyce Valenza in Pennsylvania, Buffy “The Unquiet Librarian” Hamilton in Georgia, Gwyneth “The Daring Librarian” Jones in Maryland).

No comments:

Post a Comment